I have installed some live streaming apps on my new Xbox one, but any of them like netflix, hulu plus, Amazon Instant Video and red box apps is not working at all. I try them on my computer and everything works fine over the same network. It shows “cannot connect” errors and direct me to contact each company’s support forums. The issues only happens after I downloaded and installed an update for Xbox video on my console.
If your Xbox one get cannot connect error with Netflix or other apps, obviously it is a problem with the Xb1. I have done a hard reset and the issue persists there. Fianlly i follwoing the method to fix the issues.
1. Go back to home screen, move right and then remove your account.
2. Turn off the console as well as remove and disconnect the power supply.
3. Wait for about a minute, make a reconnection, turn on the device.
4. Go to add account and test the connection.
5. The last step is to launch the application to check if it is working.