I always got the WiFi speed from 40Mb/s to 60 Mb/s while downloading movie and games on my Xbox One S console, After upgraded the system to the latest version, the speed cutted down dramatically and rolled back to 10Mb/s only. I was also experiencing slow performance if playing video games on Xbox Live. How can I resolve the problem?
The latest version of the console’s operating system increases the download speeds 80 percent if you are internet connection is faster than 100Mbp/s, as well as boost game and app downloads by 40 percent on less than a slower connection. If other device have higher network speed based on your home configuration and your ISP, except your Xbox One S, you could try the tips to get rid of that.
First flush your MAC address by resetting its network settings to factory default.
* Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide, select Settings > All Settings.
* Go to System > Console info & updates, and then select Reset console. All content will be erased and the system resets itself to the default settings.
Change your console DNS to Googles or Open DNS
* Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide, select Settings > All settings and scroll down to Network.
* Go to Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual.
* From there, enter the Primary DNS as “220.127.116.11” and the Secondary DNS as “18.104.22.168” to use Google DNS. Or you can use Open DNS by 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
I’ve tried many method and the MAC was the only thing working for me. Flushed the MAC and using the Google DNS in and now I get the up to 90 mb/s speed on Xbox One S over WiFi.